The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Populate Template Placeholders not working in Mountain Lion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion and my Populate Template Placeholders script appears to be broken. I'm able to invoke the commands to enter in the data, but when complete the data doesn't populate. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm on Mountain Lion 10.8.1 and I just successfully ran this script in my OmniFocus database this morning. I run it from the scripts menubar icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizardi View Post
I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion and my Populate Template Placeholders script appears to be broken. I'm able to invoke the commands to enter in the data, but when complete the data doesn't populate. Anyone else experiencing this?
I have the same problem. The prompts come up Ok but the data doesn't appear in the new project. Did anyone have any fixes for this?

This is now resolved for me thanks to the super helpful and very brilliant Curt - the issue for me was due to my not running growl so it caused a problem. Growl-less script now installed and works perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skusan View Post
This is now resolved for me thanks to the super helpful and very brilliant Curt - the issue for me was due to my not running growl so it caused a problem. Growl-less script now installed and works perfectly!
Where did you find the "Growl-less" script? I haven't been able to track it down.

Yeah, I'd love to see this Growl-less script. I'm just trying out this script after using OF for 3 years, and I can't for the life of me get it to substitute my variables. I have the variables defined in the notes of my project, and I'm confident that my placeholder opener and closer are correct.

Hmm, I tried to post links to a screenshot of my template project, my script (tried it both with the Growl code left in and with it commented out), and a 30-second screenshare of me executing the script on my template project... but the OG forum will only let me include URLs once I have 3 posts. Happy to send these links to anyone willing to help a lost, frustrated soul here.

Using OF 1.10.4, OS X 10.8.2, script version 0.7.1.

Been trying to troubleshoot for at least an hour. The setup seems so simple, yet I'm stumped. Any ideas?

For anyone else who comes upon this thread: I'm now using pxldot's AppleScript and loving it. Never figured out why Populate Template Placeholders wasn't working for me.

To get pxldot's script, find the forum thread with the name "Applescripts: Better Templates, Complete Tasks From Mail.app Sender, and Batch-Defer". (I'd link from here but my account is still prevented from putting links in posts, since I haven't posted enough.)

Props to pxldot on the great script!