The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Finding text in Web page titles added to outline? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was pleased to find how easy it was to drag a URL from Safari into an OO document, creating a nice hyperlink complete with the page's title. However, it seems that the search function in the Utilities Drawer won't find text in those titles. For example, I drag the link from this page into an outline, and it appears nicely as "The Omni Group Forums - Post New Thread". But searching for "Omni" or "Thread" finds no matches -- the URL's title isn't found.

I know OO isn't a bookmarks manager, but it seems like it'd be handy to find text in page titles once they're dragged into an outline. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Sorry for the inconvenience, OO doesn't currently search attachment titles or the url. We'll be adding this ability in a future release.