The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

64-bit test builds of OmniWeb now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I’ve progressed to v.200864 with few problems and now find new (really *newish*) toolbar icons, prettily colored, mostly variations of the originals and not all new or all colored but quite a welcome surprise. The current version of Gmail seems to be working now so no more need for the Basic HTML setting. Still no plugins. But very stable and much closer to becoming a Release Candidate.

GMail still does not work for me. It's still this indefinite "Loading..." issue. Despite moderate use OW has crashed several times today.

Another thing (still): The OW preview versions still do not support the middle mouse button. Will this be fixed at any time? I cannot imagine that this is a very big deal to fix while it is pretty irritating for me as a user.

I can’t connect using proxies at work. The last version that I can use for proxies is r199736. All I get are blank windows until they time out. I still seem to get this problem with r200940.

Status per today: r201109 does google mail, but still crashes with some sites, still no middle mouse button.

Gmail works fine for me on 1109. Only very occasional crashes now.
Still no plugins visible but everything works as if they are functional.
I don’t know what Ken’s plans are for further development but I’d
suggest releasing this version or a near future one as a beta (or alpha) to sites like MacUpdate in order to add more users to the test pool.
The superior speed performance of OW 6 would make it a desirable browser for many despite its current glitches.

Hmm, to me it still seems too unstable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbert View Post
Status per today: r201109 does google mail, but still crashes with some sites, …
The crashes are happening deep in Apple's code, and I'm having trouble tracking them down. If anyone can help me find a pattern for reliably reproducing them (visiting a particular website, loading a particular set of websites all at once, or whatever), I would love to figure out what it is that's triggering the crash. But right now, I'm not quite sure what the issue is. (Their framework is crashing when it tries to create a copy of a URL response, but I don't know what it is about the response that is crashing it.)

(Turning on both "Copy log to crash reports" and "Show HTTP Requests" in the Error Log window will include more detail in your next crash report, but if you turn those on you should review your crash reports in Mail before sending them, just to make sure you don't send anything sensitive from your browsing history. Search for the string "console-log-for-crash-report.log" to see what history is being sent.)

Quote:
… still no middle mouse button.
I think the middle mouse button should start working in r201125 and later.

I have a set of pages that always crashes. However I cannot use the automatic mail from the crash catcher, thus would have to send you a PN. But how do I switch on the "Copy log to crash reports" and "Show HTTP Requests"? When I open that crashing workspace the next I see is the crash catcher window, there's nothing to configure in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I think the middle mouse button should start working in r201125 and later.
Confirmed. Great, thank you!!