The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Custom or Multiple Filters? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I am new to OF so forgive me is this is possible somehow, I cant figure it out.

Is it possible to assign multiple filters and with AND OR operators? I am used to this on other applications, but cant see how to do it here.

In particular I have some tasks I dont want to decide what to do with yet... a sort of future tasks but I dont know when, on hold. I have added them to a Context "On Hold".

BUT in my Due view which I primarily use so I can see what I need to work on and when, I would like to exclude these. But I cant see how. A filter that would allow me to show all actions -Context=Hold or something. I can manually select all the other contexts on the left, but I dont want to do that all the time. I can filter the contexts to active, but then I cant see the Hold ones in the left.

Also, I would then like to have the number of them in the Hold context on the left so I know there are some there.

I am happy to change the way I work, I just am used to other ways and need to learn OF.

Thanks

Actually I just found this http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...clude+contexts. This does work, although adding new contexts means you have to go through the process again. An exclude rather than an include would be better.

I then set the due dates to the past to show the number on hold in red... although this also seems to be a hack rather than a proper way of doing it.

P.S. Let me know if the benefits of OF are these kinds of hacks in lieu of functionality.

Welcome to the forums, Amityweb! We've got a feature request open on adding some sort of project/context exclusion list to perspectives, as well as badging contexts in the sidebar in the manner you're requesting.

I'll attach you to those items in the development database so the rest of the team will know that you'd like us to add them. Thanks!

great, thanks!