The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to Hide Due within 3 and 6 months? and others? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I like my tasks grouped by day/date. I have setup a perspective to show "Due Today", "Due Tomorrow", "Due Within the next week". Thats fine. But it also shows "Due within 3 months" and "Due within 6 months"

How do I hide these last two??? I really dont need to know what I am working on within 3 months and then 6 months. I can minimise them, but they often open up on their own and I have to keep minimising them. I only need these tasks to come up in my view when they are due.

Thanks

Are you using perspectives? Save them with those groups minimized and check the Restore Expansion box in the Show Perspectives window.

Yes I am, and I have that checked already. but sometimes they end up not minimised.

It may be when a new task is added to a Within x Months group, so it creates that group expanded. Although I seem to be minimising more often that than.

Either way I dont want them here because I dont need to know what's coming up in 3 or 6 months, just the next week, even just today.

I am skeptical that the groups will spontaneously open without user action. They may appear to do so if they were open when they last contained something and something is moved in, as you mention.

In any case, your only current option to remove them is to use the Due Soon setting in the view bar which will restrict the view to show at most a relative handful of days into the future, whatever you have set for the Due Soon interval in the preferences. Admittedly, this doesn't work so well if you want to look beyond the due soon horizon. Or take the easy approach and adjust the scroll bar position until the offending items/groups are out of sight.

As always, Help->Send Feedback to make a feature request...

Ah yes that sort of does it... I did not see this. Sorry am new to OF.

BUT something I fail to mention just to confuse things!... I also have a status group for No Due Date... I want this to remain because it shows my Inbox items without me switching to Inbox. So I can see tasks I need to give dates under my main task list.

Choosing Due Soon will remove this group too.

So ideally it needs to show Due Soon + No Due Date.

I cant seem to find anywhere to show multiple options in a filter.

Thanks

Yeah, you're out of luck if you want to do that in one view. Switch between multiple views, or adjust the scroll bar to hide the unwanted groups.

Ok thanks, shame.

I think OF needs more flexibility in this area, multiple filter choices. Its quite restrictive in views.