The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus, 2 people Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This may have been answered, but I couldn't find a definitive answer or solutions, or "can't be done"

My business partner and I both use OF. we're running 1.1, since I have two machines, and an iTouch. He's got one machine.

The iDisk syncing works sweet for my machines, but he's out in the cold. We're toying with his Mac on my .mac account (Don't tell Apple) but the one thing neither of us really like is that we both keep household lists, etc other business stuff, in our DB.

Is there a way, or plans for something where we can say "This folder or project is for 'me' only, don't show on his machine" Probably a stretch but wanted to ask.

If anyone has ideas on solutions, feel free, we're open to trying anything.

Right now OmniFocus is not designed for multiple users to share a database.

We hope to do something for teams in the future, likely by integrating OmniPlan and OmniFocus.

@lizard,

gotcha cool deal. Hope it's high up the list ;)

Is there any more news on OmniFocus and teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
If anyone has ideas on solutions, feel free, we're open to trying anything.
Hi Jwilker,

I've split my Getting Things Done into three separate programs. I'm using Filemaker Go for my business GTD, OmniFocus for lifeplanning, and HoneyDo for personal items, happily committing fundi-GTD heresy along the way! :)

In the last week, HoneyDo has saved me a couple of hundred dollars by using it to manage my personal to-do lists and made me realise that by the utilisation of such Apps, DC's 'Big Society' might actually be viable!

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-08-12 at 06:05 AM..