The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

1.5 Sneakypeek - Syncing Perspectives? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please forgive if this has been covered before, but I've just installed the 1.5 Sneakypeek today (v77.13.0.105902).

With this version I can sync my database between my laptop and my desktop using MobileMe flawlessly. The heavens have parted, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and I think I may have even shed a tear of joy. Thank you, fine Omni people. Thank you so very, very much.

I was especially impressed by the warning message on the first desktop sync (my Omnifocus lives on my laptop) telling me that my database didn't appear to be related to the one I wanted to sync to. Nice touch! Anything that helps to prevent accidental data over-writing is all good in my book.

So now I'm wondering if there is (or will be) a way to sync my perspectives as well? Or if not, is there a way I can just copy them over from my laptop to my desktop? Either way is fine by me, I'm just lost without them.

Thanks in advance.

Your perspectives are stored in the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives folder. You should be able to copy and paste them from one machine to the other.

Thank you very much. That's exactly what I needed.