The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Task name in gant view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi I am wondering if there is a way to see the task name in the gant window, like is show on the screen cap in Tutorial Step 9: Connect Tasks with Dependency Lines?

Thanks

Yes, it is easily accomplished. Bring up the View->View Options... menu item. For the tasks, select Task as the label, as seen here:

That's all there is to it!

I knew it was going to be too obvious...couldn't see the tree through the forest. Odd how ever time I opened that I only focused on the left panel...Thanks!!

I have never seen the 'Assigned' value appear to the right of the Task Group bar as it does for the Task bar in the Gantt Chart. Is this a bug?

I don't think that is a bug that the assigned resource doesn't appear next to a task group, because the Help page describing the characteristics of task groups has the following language:
Resource Assignments: If you assign a resource to a task group, the resource gets assigned to all tasks in the group. The group itself can't have any resources assigned.
I would agree that the menu shouldn't offer you that choice... use Help->Send Feedback to tell the developers about it.

thanks for the clarification.