The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Applications Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to move my registered copies of OmniFocus and OmniOutliner to a new machine (yeah, I finally upgraded). What is the best way to do this or do I have to repurchase? Most importantly, I want to get the applications over. I will reset up the lists as I am still learning how to use them. Thanks in advance for the help.

Just install a fresh copy of the programs on the new machine. You can probably find the license files in /Library/Application Support/Omni Group/Software Licenses on the current machine. Copy those to the new machine, go to the <App>->Licenses menu item in the applications and click Add License... then Import License file and you should be all set. The terms of the license agreement allow you to install the apps on both machines so long as you only use it in one place at a time.

Just thought I'd add that you can always look up any license codes you've registered by entering your email address on our Lost Licenses web page.