The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner Manual Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As I learn how to use oo4 Pro, I have been reading the manual. I want to suggest that the manual is too superficial. I am sure that once I know how to use everything, the manual will seem fine. But it is not fine now. For example, how do I use included styles as shown in the inspector? What is the difference between a theme and a template - when does one use one and when the other or both together? What styles become part of a new template when one saves one? Is there a way to indent a note? I can stumble through and figure many of these things out, but a comprehensive manual would be helpful.

I like oo4 pro. My complaints and comments are aimed at making themes better. Thanks, Fred

Are you looking for documentation on what each specific attribute does in detail that is in the style inspector? Or are you instead looking for info on how to use the inspector to apply styles? In the next release there will be a tutorial included in the in-app help. It will also be released as a separate document. It is currently available as an epub.

If there is more information you are looking for after reading that, please let us know. Thanks!

[edit]
Here's a pdf version of the tutorial as well.

Last edited by DerekM; 2014-01-21 at 01:26 PM..

Thanks. I just discovered (yesterday) the tutorial after reading an OmniGroup blog. The tutorial is helpful and dealt with the issues that concerned me most.

Awesome, glad to hear it!