The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

retina screens: tips for optimizing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Put simply, most "regular" images look terrible on retina displays (new MBP and the iPad 3).

Instead of saving my OG work at 72 dpi, I'm now saving at 150 dpi PNG with much better results when viewed via a retina-device.

All that said, I'm frankly just guessing at this stuff. The higher the dpi, the larger the image.

Anyone out there have some good guidelines for making OG documents look great on retina-displays? I'd rather hit that sweet spot where the graphics look great, but also don't need to be any larger than need be as they'll be viewed on the web.

Put differently, is there a recommended DPI? And is there a recommended format (PNG, other)?

Many thanks.