The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus DTD stable yet ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has the DTD for Omnifocus files stabilized yet ?

If so, it would be very helpful to get hold of it.

(I would like to write an XSLT transform to import projects tasks and contexts from iGTD)

It's still being extended as we add new features, but you'll always find the current RELAX NG schema for OmniFocus inside the application wrapper (in OmniFocus.app/Contents/Resources/OmniFocus.rng).

Would it be possible to put a copy of OmniFocus.rng online ?
(I don't yet have a copy of omnifocus.app)

Thanks !

If we put up a copy, then it starts falling out of date immediately.

I have an alternative to propose. (Check your email.)

I spent way too much time this weekend trying to figure out how to get all of my data from iGTD to OF this weekend. Every which way I tried had certain pieces of the data fall out (notes don't export, projects without tasks don't come through, etc.). It would be great to have someone with the initiative and the know-how to develop an exporter for iGTD. This way I can use my "real" data to test OF.

I should mention that it's easier (and better supported) to create the tasks using AppleScript than to try to write OmniFocus transaction files by hand.

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus" to tell first document
	set actionContext to "Mac"
	set macContext to context named "Mac"
	set projectName to "Write an OmniFocus import script"
	set actionName to "Learn how to create OmniFocus actions using AppleScript"
	set actionNote to "See <http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=3662>."

set newProject to make new project with properties {name:projectName, sequential:true}
	tell newProject to make new task with properties {name:actionName, context:macContext, note:actionNote}
end tell

Good idea.

iGTD data is now stored in SQLite rather than an XML file. It should be possible to write an Applescript which uses an sqlite3 shell command line to generate some text files from the iGTD data, and then pulls data from the text files into Omnifocus.

Where is the SQLite file stored? I'd like to be able to read the data so I can bring it over into my PocketPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunicki
Where is the SQLite file stored? I'd like to be able to read the data so I can bring it over into my PocketPC
~/Library/Application Support/iGTD/iGTD.sql

The applescript at

http://web.mac.com/robinfrancistrew/...OmniFocus.html

Illustrates the process of reading it.