The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SVG Export problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using OmniGraffle to create images for our product documentation.

I export each image to an SVG file and then include one or more of these into pages that are displayed by a browser. Safari and the latest Firefox do well with this rending.

However, if I include two or more images in one page then the first image appears to "bleed" into the second one. In Firefox the first image on the page appears as a shadow in the second image and in Safari I can see the first image very clearly behind all of the elements of the second image.

We have used other SVG editors and those images do not exhibit this behavior so I am suspecting something in the export to SVG logic that is causing this.

Changing the export setting "Transparent Background" has no impact on the results.

(I've included a screen shot from using FireFox illustrating the problem. The shadow under the central "space" is -not- in the original diagram).

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Is there a solution?

Thanks -- Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	559
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	815