The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View without completed and dropped? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've messed around a bit and can't figure out if OF lacks this feature or if I'm missing it. Is there a way to view just the projects that are active and on hold in the projects view. When I'm doing a weekly review or higher, I don't want to see all of my completed projects but I do want to go through the on holds. I can do them each in turn but it would be useful.

Also, does anyone else wish that placing a folder of projects on hold meant that all of those projects would be somehow viewable as on hold. I currently have a someday maybe folder and its contents are on hold. I would like to see these during weekly reviews along with projects that I have that are on hold and spread throughout the rest of my projects hierarchy but unfortunately the only way I can come up with to view them is to view all of my projects and therefore they come up in my reviews along with forcing me to see dropped and completed projects which I really don't want to see at these times.
Cheers,
Shanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanana View Post
I've messed around a bit and can't figure out if OF lacks this feature or if I'm missing it. Is there a way to view just the projects that are active and on hold in the projects view. When I'm doing a weekly review or higher, I don't want to see all of my completed projects but I do want to go through the on holds. I can do them each in turn but it would be useful.
As far as I can tell, it isn't possible to view Active and On-Hold projects together. As you suggest, I'm doing my review of these in turns.

For Someday-Maybe folders, I mark the whole folder as not active (right-click on the folder). My request to handle reviews of these folders was that the search box in the tool bar also search in folder names. Then I could show All Projects and search for Someday/Maybe to just see those folders.

Curt

Both of these are very near the top of my list of most desperately-wanted features!