The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

FrameMaker Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been looking back at the Omni site via the Wayback Machine, and saw that Omni was responsible for the NextStep port of FrameMaker.

There is a distinct FrameMaker-shaped hole in the MacOS X universe right about now. Have you guys considered trying to get Adobe to allow you to do a Mac port?

Amorya

I used to really miss Framemaker on the Mac. It was the one thing I kept a Windows laptop around to use after OS X hit town.

But these days I can't get too excited about it. My needs for a super sophisticated document processor are going down (as the Web become domininant), while at the same time Pages has come out and has been getting better. My main problem with Pages is its performance/speed.

But I still miss Framemaker tables ... although Pages tables are pretty good -- if they would only not be so slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorya View Post
There is a distinct FrameMaker-shaped hole in the MacOS X universe right about now. Have you guys considered trying to get Adobe to allow you to do a Mac port?
We've considered it in the past, but at this point it wouldn't really make sense for us to spend time working on anyone else's products—we already have our hands full with our own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We've considered it in the past, but at this point it wouldn't really make sense for us to spend time working on anyone else's products—we already have our hands full with our own!
Are any of them a delicious XML-based structured document system? *crosses fingers*