The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Growl v1.3 not getting notifications from OmniFocus [A: Update broke 'em; we'll fix.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just installed growl 1.3 from the app store, and I am getting notifications from dropbox and twitter.

However, even though OmniFocus is in the growl applications list and enabled (as are all the OF notifications), I can't provoke an OmniFocus notification out of it - for example by letting a task go overdue.

I can't see any OmniFocus settings that control growl notifications, and the impression I get from the OmniFocus documentation and release notes is that it should just work.

However, this is a very new version of growl.

Any one else have any luck?

Try relaunching OmniFocus? That fixed it for a few other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Try relaunching OmniFocus? That fixed it for a few other people.
Re-launched, rebooted - still no luck.

I have a similar problem with mail, no growl notifications at all. Didn't test with OF but it appears to be like this since I upgraded to lion. Maybe the old version does not work anymore and you now need to buy the new one from the store?

I think growl is known not to work with mail.

I have the version of growl from the app store, but OmniFocus bought directly from Omni - which might be relevent.

My fault, forgot to upgrade growl mail, now everything works again (including OF). I use the non-store version of both growl and OF, for reference.