The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request - edit multiple actions at once Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I propose a functionality that allows users to select multiple actions and manipulate some of their parameters at once, mainly context, project and starting/due dates.

I just yesterday had the situation that I entered numerous things I want to do in a new project, into the inbox. We had a meeting and came up with the project idea and then with some actions that belong to that project. I entered the actions into the inbox.

Later I wanted to process the actions, sort them to the new project (which had yet to be created). I had to assign them all one by one which took more time than necessary. I know that I could have created the project first and then directly added tasks but I did not know it would become a project of its own before I had entered quite some of the tasks. Furthermore this requested feature would be practical for other cases of use, for example transferring multiple tasks from one project to another. Or from one context to another, say, you delegated some work to a colleague and so you set five tasks to "waiting for...".

I have something in mind that works like selecting multiple pieces in giraffe for iPad. Tap and hold a tasks, tap more to add them to the group. Upon release you get the toolbox-popup in which you can select an entry "multiedit". Tapping that brings up the standard task-manipulation window. Such parameters that can not be altered for multiple tasks at once (like name) are grayed out.

Plus 1. I can't believe this still isn't a feature. I constantly put more on my plate than I can accomplish. So the next day my past due list is huge!

UM I do that all the time. In the scenario when you have created a bunch of tasks in the inbox and need to attach them to a new project just create the new project in the inbox, command click to select the actions and drag to the new project and then move the project out of the inbox.

Similarly you can select any number of actions or projects by command clicking them and change the context.

And to change the project for a number of actions again, Command click to select and when you click on the project section you get a list of all projects and you can scroll down to put those items in that project.

I also just tested the due and start date. It works for actions but not projects and actions combined in the same set.

edit to add date test

How do you command-click on the iPad? :-)

doh! Guess I should look at which forum I'm in first! SORRY!