The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniWeb Will Not Launch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Vers. 5.5.4 on an Intel 17" ATi iMac, 2 gb RAM, OS 10.4.9.

When launching application, the splash screen shows, goes away, but the only other action will be spinning beach ball. I (obviously) cannot send this through the bug reporting function.

I am having the exact same problem on a
iBook G4
Machine Model: PowerBook6,5
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.2)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.2 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 768 MB

running os x 10.4.9

I don't know what version of OmniWeb I was running because I can't open it - I did, after the problem began, re-download the program and copy it into my app folder, so I guess theoretically it is the most recent version that is crashing.

I'm guessing that there is some file associated with Omniweb somewhere on my HD that is corrupted -- how do I find it which and what do I do to correct this? If it makes any difference for how the program works, I have an OmniWeb family pack license.

Thanks,
Stephen

Hold down the shift key on launch.

I tried launching while holding the shift key and it did not solve the problem.

Thanks,
Stephen

Interesting. With OW quit, you can go into ~usr/library/application support/OmniWeb 5 and delete those files. What I sometimes do is just right click on the whole folder and select "make archive" that way my workspaces and such are saved for the time being, but the next time OW launches it will start fresh and that can help me isolate the issue.

I deleted all the files in my Application Support/OmniWeb 5 folder except for Bookmarks.html, Cookies.xml, and Favorites.html and I'm up and running again without any apparent disruption to my config. Thank you for your help.

Stephen