The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New action or change the context if work is done Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

What is a good work.
I create a new action.
In this action I define in our test lab some work.
Example: "Calibrate pressure measurement" This work must carry out in the calibration lab and I order this work with an "work order" I have often do this typ of work and so I have define a context like "work order"
If I have done this my work ist finish, but now I must wait until the calibration is carry out.
Is it a good idea to change now the context from "work order" to the named person "Mr. Smith" and change the dates and so on or is it better to create a new action wih controlling and the person "Mr. Smith"

What would you prefer ?

Jochen

I generally try to make sure the actions I create are individual actions. I would probably create one action for the work order, complete that, and then create a second action assigned to the context for your coworker named "check with coworker about pressure test".