The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Multiple Locations per Context Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to make use of the 'Nearby Actions' feature. It's great when a context is specific to a particular place, such as my office, but the time that I'm most likely to use it is for sub-contexts within my Errands context. For example, if I need to buy a new hard disk, I might add an action to an 'Errands: Computer Store' context. Then, whenever I am shopping near one of my preferred local computer stores that I have added as GPS locations, I can look it up quickly, without getting the often irrelevant results that come from using the Business Search feature.

Alternatively, if I could work out how to successfully add a boolean expression to the Business Search, this might work almost as well, e.g.

"PC World" or Maplin

would only return the stores that I wanted to visit.

The way to get this is to set your business search to
Code:
"PC World" OR "Maplin"
We're asking Google for the same data you get when you do a business search on maps.google.com

Note that case is significant - the "OR" must be in uppercase so that it will be recognized as a boolean operator rather than a term in the search string.

Thanks guys. I'd worked out the Google Maps linkage already (I'm using it to test my search criteria on the desktop before I add them to OmniFocus).

I hadn't managed to find any good Advanced Search documentation on Google maps to indicate the need for an uppercase OR, so that's a great tip.