The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Multiple server ip-addresses Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have set up one of the desktop computers at my office to have a WebDAV server for syncing between my iPhone and Mac versions of OmniFocus. I have a hole punched in my little firewall that connects to my WebDAV server, so everything is gravy, except...

Unfortunately, my little firewall that connects me to RoadRunner doesn't forward the port from its public ip-address to the WebDAV server when I'm within the local network.

So, it would be nice if the Advanced WebDAV support offered two ip-addresses. That way I could put in http://192.168.1.2/webdav as well as http://123.45.67.89:9876/webdav -- allowing the sync to happen automatically regardless of whether I'm on the local network and wifi or the public internet...

I'm not sure if everyone else would find this confusing, but it would certainly be nice for me (especially with the advice from this forum to leave OF up all the time to constantly sync).

Thanks,
Jason

Leaving OmniFocus running all the time should not be necessary anymore. We've addressed that bug.

But his point remains a good one. If you're providing your own webDAV server, you might not be able to have just 1 IP address for it. If you've got an Apple base station doing NAT between your internet connection and your local network, it won't take packets from the local network addressed to the WAN address of the base station and send them through the NAT code and back out to the local network.

True. I filed a feature request also. Sorry I didn't make that explicit.