The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniweb loses Favicons Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all:

I'm using OW 5.6 v613.0.93354 on OS 10.4.11. For some reason it has started losing the favicons in the 'Favourites' bar.

No idea if this is a bug or whether it is something to do with the system, but has anyone else experienced this. Generally speaking I can shut down with them there and at next startup they are (sometimes) gone. I know if I clear the cache they will be lost, but this appears perfectly random.

cheers,

Tacitus

Same thing is happening to me. I'm using the same versions of OmniWeb and OS X that you are, Tacitus. The favicons will stay around for seemingly random lengths of time, and then one day I'll start up OmniWeb and they'll all be gone until I click on each of them again.

I haven't been paying attention to whether or not it happens when I wake the computer from sleep or if it only happens on restarts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biiclops View Post
Same thing is happening to me. I'm using the same versions of OmniWeb and OS X that you are, Tacitus. The favicons will stay around for seemingly random lengths of time, and then one day I'll start up OmniWeb and they'll all be gone until I click on each of them again.

I haven't been paying attention to whether or not it happens when I wake the computer from sleep or if it only happens on restarts.
It seems to be on restarts for me. Not the biggest problem i've come across, but irritating nonetheless.

Since two of us experience the same thing, it seems *possible* it's a bug. Next time it happens I'll report it.

Now back to OmniFocus....

Hello, do you continue to have this problem if you switch to the OmniWeb 5.7 sneaky peek?

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Hello, do you continue to have this problem if you switch to the OmniWeb 5.7 sneaky peek?

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/
Hi troyb,

I just downloaded the sneaky peek, reloaded my favicons and rebooted - and all my favicons are still there! So that's a good sign. I'll be sure to post here again if the problem returns while using this version (5.7 v615.0.96441)

Thanks