The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

extending a line, preserving slope Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When extending the length of a line, I frequently want to keep the line at the current slope it's at (not equivalent the angle shown in the geometry properties, but the angle/slope on the canvas). If I grab an endpoint, I can hold shift to get 45 degree increments, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of "aspect ratio preserving" meta key I can hold to get this effect.

Basically, if I extend the line br dragging an endpoint, I'd like to be able to say, extend while preserving slope. Does this exist and I'm just missing it?