The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature request - Sync with lists in Reminders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love the Siri capture feature. It has also solved another small problem for me (and could solve a bigger problem).

I use outlook at work and I sync my iOS devices with the exchange server. If I set Omnifocus to capture actions from my "Tasks" folder, I can create a task in outlook. When my iCloud syncs with exchange it pulls the task into reminders. Omnifocus grabs the task from Reminders and puts it in my inbox. This gives me a great way to quickly enter items into Omnifocus from outlook without using the mail rule.

I've always wished I could see my next actions by context in outlook. It appears this would be possible if Omnifocus could sync a given context to a given list in reminders. For example I would configure my @Work context in Omnifocus to sync with my @Work task list in reminders. Doing this would make my actions appear in outlook via iCloud!

I thought I would submit a feature request and then post in the forums to gain support. I've seen many requests for some kind of windows client to Omnifocus. This solution may solve the problem for many (if not most) of those people who carry ios devices but work in windows/outlook.

If this feature would be helpful to you, please submit a feature request!

I need this too, currently i can see my Outlook exchange tasks on my ipad/iphone reminder app. But there is no way to import them into OF.