The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sorting context/project drop downs in Clippings view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Am I being really really dumb or is there a way to sort the drop downs where you pick Context & Project from when clipping from Mail to OF?

I suspect there is not a way to sort them, but more to the point here, there's a much better way than navigating those lists than as drop-downs - just type some characters from the project or context name you want and OF will auto-match.

Last edited by Craig; 2007-11-07 at 06:54 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by emarmite View Post
Am I being really really dumb or is there a way to sort the drop downs where you pick Context & Project from when clipping from Mail to OF?
I assume you are referring to Quickentry window. I don't know of any way of doing this. I've sent them feedback a number of times but so far no news of change.

Thanks for the pointer. I'm moving across a lot of tasks now I'm ready for OF (been watching for a while) and would prefer to select from lists.

I did an export/import (aka Rebuild Database) and everything's fine now. Filed a bug report too.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
I assume you are referring to Quickentry window. I don't know of any way of doing this. I've sent them feedback a number of times but so far no news of change.
Those project and context pulldown lists are supposed to be sorted to match their order in the sidebar (just like they're currently sorted in the inbox). It's a bug that they're not, and we plan to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Those project and context pulldown lists are supposed to be sorted to match their order in the sidebar (just like they're currently sorted in the inbox). It's a bug that they're not, and we plan to fix it.
That's great to hear! my projects are sorted alphabetically in the sidebar; so, this will be a big help.

Thanks.