The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Application will not run on my iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have 2.0 iPhone OS on the original iphone.
When I click the icone for OmniFocus I see a loading progress bar, then the app quits and I am returned to desktop. Any Ideas?

I'm getting that a lot on other apps. A reboot seems to fix it. Restart your phone and see if that helps.

I'm having the same issue. I sent support an email with no reply. It only started after I synced with my database on idisk.

Same problem here -- it gets to the "Loading..." screen and then crashes out.

This happened after using webDAV successfully for a little bit.

(Our tech support ninjas are working very hard to answer email quickly, but with over a thousand new customers for a brand new product it's hard for them to keep up!)

Have you tried turning your iPhone off and back on?

If your iPhone is low on system resources when you try to launch, it might not be able to finish loading. (This can happen with any application, not just OmniFocus.) Turning the iPhone off and back on can sometimes help with this.

Resetting the phone took care of it. Thanks for the idea.

Reinstalling the app fixed it for me -- no clue what caused it.

Neither of those worked for me. It always gets to the same point in the load bar and then just quits.

I'm having the same issue, restarted multiple times and still unable to get past the initial loading screen.

Geggyta516 and thenthroot, if you have a large number of actions in your OmniFocus database, the phone can run out of memory trying to load them all, which causes the app to quit.

The latest sneakypeek builds of OmniFocus 1.1 include a new 'Move Old Data to Archive...' item under the File menu.

I'd recommend backing up your database, archiving some old actions (I archived everything completed more than six months ago), synching, and then restarting the phone app.

If that doesn't help, please let us know. If there are any process with the archive process, please let us know. (If there are any problems, you can use "Revert to Database Backup" to put everything back the way it was at the beginning of the process.)