The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

mini-tutorial request: web interface Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I managed to get the OF web interface working, but now for some reason, I can't get it to work.

I get the following message:

Safari can’t connect to the server.

Are there any settings I need to change on the computer? i.e. allow a certain firewall port?

I'm sure this is documented somewhere in the forums, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Steve

At the end of the URL you get when you e.g. send the web interface URL by mail, the port number (the one after the colon) is provided for which you need to do port forwarding. On my system, this is now 11872.

Note, not only do you need to port forward on your router, but if you also have the OS X software firewall on, you need to open the port in that as well.

when login - is there a way to see all by Projects? also, i am missing more than half of my task (under the Contexts Menu)???

Unless the project is parallel (in which case, you will see all tasks), you will only see the first task in each sequential project.

Note - the web interface is still fairly rudimentary and is also a bit flaky in my experience (e.g. it has stopped working for me, and I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot it yet).