The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OMNI: Possible iDisk bug, we need your help. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As you are well aware, there have been many reports of syncing issues, and we think we might have tracked one of them down.

If you are using iDisk syncing with MobileMe, and you've turned on iDisk sync from your system preferences:

And you're having issues with syncing to your phone, let us know!

omnifocus@omnigroup.com

The subject line should be: [FORUM USERNAME]:iDisk

Here is what we think is happening:

You make a new task on the phone, and it uploads to iDisk. Seconds later, iDisk on your mac decides to upload, and it clobbers the new task your phone just made. If we can get reports of when people are seeing issues we can see if our hypothesis is correct, and if so, work on a fix.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iDisk.png
Views:	650
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	611  

Last edited by xmas; 2008-07-29 at 12:23 PM..

Do you think this bug only happens if there is an iPhone in the mix?

An iPhone may make it more likely, since it probably depends on having two different clients sync near the same time. Few people switch back and forth between a desktop and laptop as frequently as people might switch between their phone and mac.

Okay. I didn't want to waste time trying to make it fail if it was an iPhone-only bug (to your knowledge).

I'm having sync issues and I do have iDisk syncing enabled. Heading to System Prefs to turn it off now!

I have no need for offline access to my iDisk anyway.

Once you do so, ScottE22, you may also want to delete OmniFocus from your WebDAV and push up a new copy from your most current client just to make sure any scrambling that occurred while you had the syncing on gets cleared out.

Good chance you're right guys. My personal guess is that about 30-50% of my syncing issues in the last two weeks originated from iDisk performance or stability issues.
I switched off local iDisk syncing about a week ago which helped a lot in syncing stability...
Cheers

I've not activated iDisk sync (am using trial .me only) and having much success and stability.

I do not have iDisk syncing turned on but I do have the iDisk icon dragged into my Dock - apparantly this keeps a link to the iDisk open so you don't have to load it every time you open finder.

Will try unmounting the iDisk when I get home.

I turned on iDisk syncing in System Preferences, it started syncing, and when it got to Item 11 of 13: "OmniFocus.ofocus," it took forever to sync. Now that it's done, the date doesn't make sense: 7/4/08. I sync both OF desktop and OF iphone every day.