The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Specify canvass size in pixels Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am using omnigraffle to make illustrations for my website. Is it possilbe to set the canvass to be a specific size in pixels so I can just export my illustrations as jpegs and automagically they will fit in my html layout?

IE I want to make the canvass 500 x 300 pixels and save all my illustrations as 500 x 300 pixels.

Thank you, Tristan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrerpheonix
Hello,

I am using omnigraffle to make illustrations for my website. Is it possilbe to set the canvass to be a specific size in pixels so I can just export my illustrations as jpegs and automagically they will fit in my html layout?

IE I want to make the canvass 500 x 300 pixels and save all my illustrations as 500 x 300 pixels.

Thank you, Tristan
Yes, you set it in the Canvas Inspector. If you set the ruler on the canvas to pixels, it makes it easier. I have made templates for different sizes of canvas with different scales of grid for my different purposes.

Mark

Thank you for your response, its much appreciated.

i did look at the canvass inspector, and could not find the option to specify canvass size in pixels. I just looked again, sorry to be a bore, could you give me any further pointers?

1. Show the ruler for the canvas (press command-R)
2. Change your ruler to pixels.
3. In the Canvas: Size inspector, input the dimensions you want for the canvas into the Width: and Height: fields:

N.B. there appears to be a bug here - the size is showing up as points (pt) although I have pixels selected. Is anyone else seeing that? I'm using the latest beta.

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. Even when you type px into the box, it immediately switches to pt. Same here with the latest beta.

Mark

Thanks for checking - I've sent OmniGroup feedback.