The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGraffle as a live-brainstorming app? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to set up OG as a live brainstorming app. The scenario I imagine is to have an OG document in full screen mode being projected to a wall behind me while I type add new brainstorming items into an non-fullscreen OG-window on my MacBook.
Ideally new items would be automatically layed out using the graphviz engine, and, even better (but probably not possible), could be resized using some kind of interactive rating, and then being automatically layed out using the build in graphviz engine.

Has anyone ever accomplished something like this? Could this be possible using AppleScript?

Thanks a lot for you suggestions!

martin

If you've got OmniGraffle Professional, you can spawn a new window on the document, put that window on the projector, either resize that window to fill the screen or start Presentation Mode (the window on the projector will need focus) and then you can make modifications on your MacBook.

That's very cool Joel -- I haven't tried that before! Works like a charm

Morgan

what do you mean with: (the window on the projector will need focus)?

please tell me

It just needs to be the active window, simply click on its toolbar (or inside the window) to give it primary focus.