The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Displaying weekends in Gantt Chart View Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

Is it possible to display weekend days in the Gantt chart view without enabling 'Show-Off Hours'? I want to be able to see the weekends without having all the Off Hours showing up in my plan greyed out (it makes a real mess)

Thanks

You can go to the Calendar View and modify the default work week so that the green bubbles cover Saturday and Sunday.

As long as each of your resources still have their working days set from Monday thru Friday (or whatever working schedule you have set for them), they won't be scheduled to work on the weekends even with the default work week includes weekends.

Excellent! Many Thanks :-)

This literally created nightmares for me (no kidding), because it can screw up the task durations when they are being shifted across weekends. (Bug report sent).
I would strongly recommend to use View->Gantt Chart -> Show Off hours.
One can get rid of all the confusing grid structure for the non-work hours for each day by going to the
Inspector: Project Colors
click the Off-hours block
and reduce the opacity to 0%.
This has the effect of the confusing grid structure to be invisible, BUT the weekends stay displayed!

Hope that helps!
Michael

Hasn't worked for me. The off-hours are still grey.

Any ideas?

Didn't work at all - I am on the trial version of this and I definitely wont be buying it unless they make it simple to display weekends. I am not able to understand why it has been made so difficult to display such a simple thing as weekends!!!!

Does anyone actually know how to display weekends in the Gantt chart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewfox View Post
Didn't work at all - I am on the trial version of this and I definitely wont be buying it unless they make it simple to display weekends. I am not able to understand why it has been made so difficult to display such a simple thing as weekends!!!!

Does anyone actually know how to display weekends in the Gantt chart?
You can view the weekends by going to "View" > "Gantt" > "Off Hours". As others have mentioned, doing this will show the off-hours that exist in-between each working day as well.

Alternatively, you could set the normal work week in the Calendar View for the project to span across all 7 days of the week. As long as you set the working schedule for all of your resources to be from Monday - Friday (or whatever schedule you want them to have) they will not work on the weekends.

We have an existing feature request in our development database to add the option to view just the weekends, so I'll let our team know about your feedback.