The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New To Omni: Repeating Checklists? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm considering switching to omnifocus but there is one question I'm having difficulty finding an answer to: how to make repeating checklists?

My situation is that I make videos for YouTube and currently have a checklist of about 50 actions needed for each one and I'm usually working on 3 to 5 videos at a time.

Is there any way when I decide to make a new video that I can create it as a new project in omnifocus with all 50 actions already in the list?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Curt Clifton has a script called Populate Template Placeholders which allows you to build templates for commonly used projects and customize them at the time of creation. The script prompts you for the values of the placeholders and creates the project. You can find this script and others at http://www.curtclifton.net/projects/

That looks pretty great, but is there no way to do this on the native app?

Oops, I didn't notice that you were posting on the iPad forum, sorry about that! Curt's script won't do you any good unless you've got a Mac in the mix.

With just the iPad, I cannot think of a good way to replicate projects. Most unfortunate, as you'd be a great match for the script!

No worries, I like it so much so far that I've actually bought all three apps. Thank you for your help.

Hmmm. There is one more thing I didn't notice about that script. The author recommends having templates as projects that are 'on hold' -- but the script doesn't make the duplicates active. Is that the correct behavior or am I doing something wrong?

The way I do it (and probably Curt does it this way, too) is to keep the template projects in a folder that is marked dropped. The template projects are treated as if on hold, but when a new project is created, it is put in the top-level of the library and nothing needs to be done to make it active — the template was only on hold because of where it was, so duplicating it elsewhere produces an active project.