The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keystrokes to change window focus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know I can hit Shift-Command-C to open the Fonts Color window, but then I have to use the mouse to shift focus to the Color window. Is there a keystroke (or keystroke combination) I can use to shift focus to the Color window without using the mouse?

Look in System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts. The system wide full keyboard access shortcuts for switching focus to various on screen elements such as windows and palettes are all listed there.

Once you bring up the colour panel with command-shift-C, control-F6 will give it focus and either command-`/~ or control-F4 will put the focus back to the document window.

Unfortunately, the OmniGraffle inspectors do not appear to be linked into this system and I can't work out how to give them focus using FKA shortcuts.

Thanks for that. Now ... once I change focus to the Font window, is there a keyboard command to navigate through the options in that window, such as Typeface or Size? Or is there a keyboard command to get me to the search line so I can type in the name of the font I want?

Press the Tab key to cycle through the toolbar buttons and fields. Up and down arrows to move through the lists (or press a letter key on the keyboard to jump to e.g. the fonts starting with that letter). Press the spacebar to select them.