The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Graphically Representing Resource Availability Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm currently using the eval version of OmniPlan to see if it can replace another product. I have a resource that is only available on Mondays. I assigned him a task that requires 2 days effort. Right now the Gantt chart shows one long bar that goes from Monday to the next Monday. I prefer to instead represent his time a one bar that goes over the first Monday, then a line to another bar over the second Monday. In other words the Gantt chart bar turns into a line stretching over Tue-Fri instead of showing one long bar.

Is this possible? I looked around but didn't easily see how to do this.
--Thanks for any assistance!

I don't know how to get the timeline chart to do exactly what you want, but if you instead look at the resource utilization chart you will see his time allocated only on Mondays, and it is possible to mark the critical path in that view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planner1234 View Post
I'm currently using the eval version of OmniPlan to see if it can replace another product. I have a resource that is only available on Mondays. I assigned him a task that requires 2 days effort. Right now the Gantt chart shows one long bar that goes from Monday to the next Monday. I prefer to instead represent his time a one bar that goes over the first Monday, then a line to another bar over the second Monday. In other words the Gantt chart bar turns into a line stretching over Tue-Fri instead of showing one long bar.

Is this possible? I looked around but didn't easily see how to do this.
--Thanks for any assistance!
This would require us to support split tasks, which is something we don't do in OmniPlan now but are considering for OmniPlan 2.0. I'll add your name to our list of users requesting this.

One more vote for this feature, even in the case for example we have planned task for 5 days, but after 3 days there is something else with higher priority, so there is pause lets say for 4 days, after that the remaining work on activity is finished in 2 days according to plan. Currently Gantt chart it will show as 9 days bar, it would be nice if this situation can me mirrored into bar presentation, so it will be 3 days bar then 4 days just line or dotted bar or whatever but different from real work, and then again 2 days bar

Vote added for you. :-)