The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Javascript problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I've just started using OmniWeb since I started developing a OmniWeb SIMBL plugin for my keychain on steroids application.

So far I am really impressed with OmniWeb and would be happy to make it my default browser.

Unfortunately, I am experiencing many problems on pages that use a lot of JavaScript. Seth Godin's Squidoo and 37 Signals' Tadalist both fail to work with OW.

I would think these sites are popular enough that OW should support them.

If you want a really simple page that breaks, try my subscription page. It seems to be a problem with Ajax (which squidoo and tadalist use often).

I'm using 5.5 (v607).

You mention ajax. There are known issues with OW's version of WebKit and ajax. They are currently working on OW 5.5.1 with an even newer version of WebKit which should solve the ajax issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
... which should solve the ajax issues.
Eagerly awaited...:)

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheski
Eagerly awaited...:)

Peter
Happy camper here. Just tested OW 5.5.1 beta on the PostNuke Forum, which uses Ajax. Three tries, three successes. Fast and easy.

Thanks, team. OW is pretty near perfect.

Peter