The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

List your favourite Apps! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the last few days I've received some excellent recommendations from other Members (and made some, possibly not so excellent!) for Apps that add value in conjunction with Omni's products.

I've opened up this thread in the Omni Lounge so as not to scatter duplicates running across the various iPhone and iPad Boards.

I think it would be really interesting to get Member's recommendations on what they are using and why. I'll start with one of my own.

Atomic Web Browser

I've lost count of the number of web browsers that I've either paid for or downloaded for free and after a few minutes use, my reaction as always been "meh!" and I've deleted them.

I gave Atomic a try and ten minutes later I put it in my dock and consigned Safari to my junk folder.

It has tabs (see 1st image), can be customised in an almost infinite number of ways, including the ability to define multi-touch actions, supports scripting and therefore the OmniFocus Bookmarklet (see 2nd image), all with no apparent problems.

For further info. take a look at this link.

I think at 59p (99¢) it's a bargain. Highly recommended!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB01.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1514   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB02.jpg
Views:	1135
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	1515  

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-08-04 at 03:06 AM..

Hmm, well for me..
As far as I know, my number and favorite application is..
PVZ or Plants vs Zombies XD
I really love this game :D
It's very addicting :)

Hm, and another one is the iMovie app with it I can edit the videos that i've recorded so I can upload it on youtube or facebook..^^

I have gotten an absolutely ridiculous amount of entertainment out of Carcassonne - it's an iPhone version of the boardgame by the same name. For the months of entertainment I've gotten by playing this with friends and coworkers, they should be asking way more than $5 for it.

On the Mac, I've recently become a big fan of 1Password - it helps you make your logins to various websites much more secure. It generates unique passwords for each site - ridiculously long strings of characters, in other words - and then remembers them for you; all you need to remember is the password you choose to unlock 1Password.

Logging into a site is a snap. 1Password adds toolbar buttons to Safari, Firefox, OmniWeb, etc. Choose "take me to this site" from that button, 1Password asks for that password, and then it takes you to the site, fills in the login form, and submits it. Data's synced through Dropbox, there are iPhone/iPad apps, and it looks like they're working on support for Windows and Android. I can't really say enough good stuff abut it.

Community Resources
Developed by Nullriver, Inc this is your gateway to more 3rd party applications upon installed.

iApp-a-Day
Installation of these two application allows you to access your iPhone via sFTP. This means you can access structure and files of your iPhone. Transfer your files as easy as dragging them in/out with FTP client.

OpenSSH + BSD Subsystem
Installation of these two application allows you to access your iPhone via sFTP. This means you can access structure and files of your iPhone. Transfer your files as easy as dragging them in/out with FTP client.

A few favorites

DEVONthink as a personal information manager.

YNAB (You Need A Budget) for finances.

BusyCal for calendar.

Brian, if you're a fan of 1Password for Mac then you should definitely try 1Password for iPad and iPhone as well. The Pro version is a universal app. I sync all three via dropbox.

Actually, I use OmniFocus for iPad and iPhone the most. I'm also using Devonthink on my Mac as well as on the iPad (Devonthink to go). Unfortunately, DTTG isn't able to send links to OmniFocus on the iPad. I'm now trying to combine Alfons Schmidt's NoteBooks (on iPad) with OmniFocus. One can send links to notes and notebooks to OmniFocus actions. (Notebooks in that app are like folders on a Mac while notes can be text, PDFs, web sites, Word or Pages docs, check lists and more.)

Hi Steinthal, could you explian better this:
"...One can send links to notes and notebooks to OmniFocus actions.---"

Thanks

amelchi

Hi amelchi,

When you're working in a note or even displaying it in NoteBooks, you can call an action "Send to OmniFocus" (when enabled in NoteBooks preferences). Then a new action in OF is created with the notes' first line as heading or description of the OF action. The other lines of NB's note go into the notes field of OF's action.

From the info pane of a note or even of an NB book, you can copy a link and put it into an OF action note field. You can then later open the link in OF's action and get carried to NB's book or note. Thus you can use NB as an electronic file storage and link the files to OF.

(I think I was able to send to link instead of copying it, but I can't reproduce that behavior. Need to do some more tests.)

LaunchBar is the interface between by brain and my harddrive, and it doubles as a quick calculator, too. Indispensable.

Launch OF Perspectives, OW Workspaces, OW History and Bookmark items. {sadly, does not access OF tasks}.