The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

I love OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by davisre View Post
Also, how do people typically mark a project as completed? I find that I often have empty projects (actually projects full of completed actions) that hang around until I mark them as completed in the Inspector. But that seems a little clunky, not as satisfying as checking them off.
Right-click the project and choose Completed.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisre View Post
Just curious: what view bar settings do you use to see this. Sounds nice.

Also, how do people typically mark a project as completed? I find that I often have empty projects (actually projects full of completed actions) that hang around until I mark them as completed in the Inspector. But that seems a little clunky, not as satisfying as checking them off.
In the project view:
make the view filter visible
select completed for the projects (top left)
group by completed (second from the left)

16. Full blown applescript support!
For people like curt clifton to enhance OF. :-)
And for people who want to tweak OF in some way that Omni may not support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
2. Keyboard support!
Using the tab is extremely fast. Entering the dates is mind numbing easy.
How do you use the keyboard for date entry?

This is driving me bonkers...I can use the keyboard up to the point I have to put in due date, then I stall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictor View Post
just tab over to the column and type "friday," "tomorrow," "12/4," "Dec 10," etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
just tab over to the column and type "friday," "tomorrow," "12/4," "Dec 10," etc.
yep... or

t will work for tomorrow
fri will work for friday
t+3 will work for today plus three days
jan will work for january of this year (small bug. Someday it will work for january of the next year)
dec will work for december of this year

and my new favorite...
will work for 12/01/2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictor View Post

This is driving me bonkers...I can use the keyboard up to the point I have to put in due date, then I stall.
If you haven't activated showing start and due date columns, then I feel your pain! Go to View > Columns and then choose the columns you want to show: Start Date, Due Date, and Estimate. Once they're visible, you can tab to them just as you do from action to context or project.

SpiralOcean: thanks for the list! It was nice to see, especially now that the forums are full of new users who are encountering some of the UI quirks that we've had half a year to get used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
yep... or

t will work for tomorrow
t gets me today rather than tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
t gets me today rather than tomorrow.
my mistake. :-)
tom is tomorrow

another one I found was
jan 1 08