The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How To Create Perspectives with Variables Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How do I create specific perspectives?

Like; Items due this week at office

or; Items due next month at home

etc...

I don't seem to see where you can add these variables?

Specifically, I'm just looking to say "Items due this week" without changing my "Due Soon" criteria.

Thanks!

Switch to context mode (cmd-2), bring up the view bar (cmd-shift-V), select group by due, select the desired context in the sidebar, close the groups other than the one you want. Set the action selector to Remaining actions so that you see the future stuff as well as the stuff that is already available. Bring up the Perspectives window (Perspectives->Show Perspectives) and save that as a perspective, being sure to check the Restore Expansion and Selection boxes, which will narrow the view down to the selected context(s) and open/close groups to match the display when you saved the perspective.