The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Possible to Edit Fields in Presentation mode??? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was wondering if it is possible to edit object names while in presentation mode.

If I am giving a presentation, it would be nice to be able to show the page with blank objects, but fill them in while still displaying the slide show.

Hint Hint… !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windlasher
I was wondering if it is possible to edit object names while in presentation mode.

If I am giving a presentation, it would be nice to be able to show the page with blank objects, but fill them in while still displaying the slide show.

Hint Hint… !!!
I've no idea if editing the names during presentation is possible, but I'm sure what you could do is give each blank object an action which when clicked would take you to a duplicate canvas with the name filled in. Clicking is much less distracting for the audience during a presentation than typing. If you wanted the names to remain, you'd need to set it up in the right order.
HTH
Mark :)

Immediate Edit
I've never done any of this, but actually I think it should be possible to have that action reveal a previously hidden layer on the canvas that would contain the name of the object, rather than having to move to another canvas ... all the names could be on separate layers so you could reveal them in whatever order you wished. :)

Last edited by xiamenese; 2006-12-22 at 04:31 PM..