The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

style for top-level of outline Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not sure how to change the style of the top-level titles in the outline (in the left pane, the first level below the document title, or the very first row in the main window when clicking on any section). I created some new sections, and it somehow changed into a font I've never used and I can't change it. If I select the text in the main window, hitting cmd-B for example doesn't do anything.

I've never really been able to figure out styles completely, so I don't really know what I'm doing.

Sorry for the confusion here! If you open up the utility drawer, on the bottom of the drawer, you'll see a section that shows "level 1", "level 2" and so forth.

Select one of those, and any style changes you make will affect all rows/columns/etc of that type.

Now, it's possible that you have styles added to individual rows; to see those, you'd want to select Inspectors -> Style attributes, and then select View -> show style view.

In style view, hover over any of the squares that are not empty, and outliner will tell you what rows that square represents the style for. Select the square, and you can hit the delete key to clear the whole style, or use the style attributes inspector to see each part of the style. Click the small X on a line to delete just that part of the style.

Does that help at all?