The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Default bookmark folder Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've always thought it incorrect behavior that filing a bookmark in a folder CHANGES the DEFAULT folder.

For example, in OW's prefs, on the boolmarks tab, I choose "By default file new bookmarks in" and select "Personal Bookmarks". OK, fine. I mean exactly that -- by default, all new bookmarks go there. The "default" would generally mean "unless I say something else".

OK, so now I find a web site about cars and want to create a bookmark in my "Cars" bookmark folder. So in the "add to bookmarks" dialog, I choose "Cars" in the location popup. Again, fine.

But now, the default for ALL new bookmarks is "Cars". The preferences pane, which I never even re-visited, has been changed on me. Why would I want that to happen? I said I want all bookmarks, unless I say otherwise, to go in "Personal Bookmarks".

You see?

I just tried it, and it does the same thing to me as well. I agree with you. There's no point in having a default pref if it changes each time a bookmark is made.

This is something I think needs to be corrected as well. OmniWeb currently behaves like "remember last used folder" i think there should be a preference to behave this way or always go to the default folder.