The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Dhtml Tip Message Version 1.2 Error Notice Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I get an odd pop-up message when trying to visit the site http://www.ed2go.com/cgi-bin/oic3/ne...=arapahoecomed. The pop-up that appears is as follows:
Quote:
DHTML TIP MESSAGE VERSION 1.2 ERROR NOTICE.
It looks like you removed an entry or more from the Style Array of this tip.
Their should be 25 entries in every Style Array even though empty. You defined only 1 entries. This tip won't be viewed to avoid errors.
I realize that this bug may actually be with the site and not OW per se, but I do need to be able to access this site. The site works with no problems when using Safari or Firefox, but I would prefer to keep OW as my browser of choice and not have to switch for one specific site. Is there a way to turn off this kind of error reporting?

The problem is that even though it says "This tip won't be viewed to avoid errors" I can do nothing else on the page. Clicking OK on the popup box only makes it go away until you try once again to click a link on the page. You can not just ignore the box and work around it.

Last edited by iSean1; 2007-01-10 at 07:18 AM..

I keep checking back here hoping for a possible resolution to this problem. So far no responses.

I have since tried this same site with Safari, Camino, Firefox, Flock and Opera. None of these other browsers give me even a hint of trouble with this site. 5 out of 6 browsers work with no problems so I would have to assume that the problem is Omni Web specific in this case. I really like Omni Web and use it for just about everything else so it would be nice to have this issue resolved.

Hopefully something that might be resolved in an upcoming release?

The version of WebKit that OmniWeb is currently based on also gives the error message, so it might be gone when OmniWeb is next updated to a more recent version of WebKit (assuming that this has been fixed in later versions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
The version of WebKit that OmniWeb is currently based on also gives the error message, so it might be gone when OmniWeb is next updated to a more recent version of WebKit (assuming that this has been fixed in later versions).
Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try again if I see something that would indicate that the version of WebKit has been updated I guess. I had tried the 5.5.4 beta 1 before reading your reply and that obviously didn't solve it. Hopefully a fix is somewhere in the future :)