The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A few questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First off I'd like to say how much I'm liking OW 5. I bought OW 4 back in the day and ended up moving on because it just wasn't there for me. But using vers 5 for a week impressed me enough to update my license. Very pleased so far...but a few simple questions...

1. There's a color scheme difference between my Intel Mini at home and my TI Powerbook. The Intel machine views the toolbar with colors, the PB doesn't. (it's actually white and a dull blue) Is that something different between the Intel and PPC versions?

2. I deleted the Favorites folder in Bookmarks by mistake. Didn't realize that folder holds the bookmarks bar links. I still have those links in the bar but would like to know how to get the Favorites folder back.

3. There was a handy feature in Safari where you could auto launch tabs from the toolbar with one click. That feature anywhere? Haven't see it.

4. Liked how when Safari opened multiple tabs from a folder it would replace the previous tabs and not add to the tabs as OW does. When I control click on a bookmark folder in the toolbar and select "Open in current window" the new tabs are still added to the current tabs and doesn't replace them.

5. Seems like OW on the PPC holds favicon info for about a day and then loses them. They come back when a page is loaded, but loses them again after a day or so. Hasn't happened on the Intel Mini.

Again, kudos to you for OW 5. Trying to make it my permanent browser.

1. check your sys prefs > appearance. I'm betting one is set to Blue and the other Graphite

3. Command-click on them (if I'm understanding correctly)

2. If you deleted the Favorites folder, then the bookmarks are no longer in the Favorites bar. If the Favorites bar is hidden, you can show it from the View menu. Not sure what else you're expecting here, besides undoing your deletion or having a backup.

4. How about creating a new Workspace for your multiple tabs? and switching to the workspace periodically for OW to automatically reload the tabs instead of having to manually open them every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecontinental

1. There's a color scheme difference between my Intel Mini at home and my TI Powerbook. The Intel machine views the toolbar with colors, the PB doesn't. (it's actually white and a dull blue) Is that something different between the Intel and PPC versions?
The dull blue sounds like the system preference setting for Graphite--But Forest already got this one...

Quote:
2. I deleted the Favorites folder in Bookmarks by mistake. Didn't realize that folder holds the bookmarks bar links. I still have those links in the bar but would like to know how to get the Favorites folder back.
There is a "Tools" menu below the list of collections, your favorites should be listed in there, select it and it should reappear.

Quote:
3. There was a handy feature in Safari where you could auto launch tabs from the toolbar with one click. That feature anywhere? Haven't see it.
We don't have a "New Tab" toolbar item which is what I think you're asking for here yet, we do have a request in our database for it though.

Quote:
4. Liked how when Safari opened multiple tabs from a folder it would replace the previous tabs and not add to the tabs as OW does. When I control click on a bookmark folder in the toolbar and select "Open in current window" the new tabs are still added to the current tabs and doesn't replace them.
Try Command-Option-Click on a folder in the favorites bar.

Thanks!