The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reviewing Questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using OF on my Mac for a long time, sync to iPhone for doing and just got an iPad. I tried doing my review on the iPad but I found it incredibly difficult. Normally when I do reviews on the Mac I review stalled projects first, then Pending then active and finally on-hold. I select which set I'm reviewing with the project filter button.

I could not figure out how to replicate that workflow on the iPad. I was unable to select subsets of projects but got them presented to me in order from the top down. Stalled, Pending, Active and On-Hold projects all came up at the same time and it was very hard to manage.

Is there any way to do the same sort of review I am used to on the iPad?

OmniFocus for iPad strips out some complexity offered by the Mac version, in the interest of providing a clean, uncluttered experience. Unfortunately, the ability to review different classes of projects (as you are accustomed to doing) is one of those bits of complexity, and I know of no way to review just stalled projects, for example. In fact, I don't believe you can even display only the stalled projects! If we had project mode perspectives support on the iPad, perhaps one could get around this to some degree.

You also cannot set the date of the next review, which is something I use regularly to fine-tune review schedules where I want the next review a bit earlier or later but don't wish to disturb the regular rhythm.

Send in that feedback...