The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Location best-practices? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have been playing with the iphone version. Every since my days as a PalmPilot programmer I've been waiting for the ability to do location-based reminders for to-do items, so I am excited!

I am trying to figure out best-practices for this, though.

It seems that you can only attach locations to contexts, though, which is a little odd. For instance, in my errands I might have a number of items, each from different stores. I'd like to attach locations to individual items without having to create a new context for a single item.

I guess I can kinda see the desire to keep things "clean" and use contexts as sets of resources (including locations). But it feels weird to create a context for a single item. Should I just get over that?

Here's a few of the items I have that would be nice for location-awareness, I'd appreciate some best-practices on how to make it work:

1. A set of items to get at the grocery store (would like to do it if near any publix)
2. Get back something I borrowed from a friend (set location to his house)
3. Pick up an item that was repaired at a shop (it's in my errands context).

Thanks!
This is very excited.