The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Location best-practices? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have personally begun using my location services as a replacement (sort of) for my perspectives.

Instead of having a perspective for "Due at Work", for example, I have assigned a location to all the contexts that I work on while at the office. Office emails, server maintenance, work phone calls, etc...

Then when I'm physically at work, I use my location services to show me what I still need to finish up or take the next action on.

I admit that I prefer Perspectives because I can customize the view to things I can do in 5 minutes, things that would take an hour, etc..

But to me at least, location services are great for keeping the things I can't do out of my view and reducing stress thinking about them. I see what I can do where I am at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinstein View Post
I'll try this and see how it goes. I think it might be annoying to do extra entering for items just to get their locations to work, but we'll see.
I have tried this, but I can't get it to work...

I have an "Errands" context. As sub-contexts, I created "Hardware Store" with location as business search: hardware and "Publix" with location as business search: publix.

There are a handful of items in each of these contexts.

When I click on the "location" button in the bottom toolbar, I get a "No locations assigned" message. If I click edit, my contexts clearly show the locations:

Errands : Hardware Store
search: Hardware

Errands: Publix
search: Publix

Did I do something wrong or am I seeing a bug?

This is a bug we've already fixed (but haven't put in a release yet). To work around it, assign a location to one of your top-level contexts. (Either errands or something else at that level.) Then all your other locations should also work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
This is a bug we've already fixed (but haven't put in a release yet). To work around it, assign a location to one of your top-level contexts. (Either errands or something else at that level.) Then all your other locations should also work.
That sortof helped, but now it just says "Finding Location..." forever. The internet progress indicator spins the whole time as well but never loads anything...