The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mail clipping shortcut doesn't take subject line Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've gotten e-mail clipping to work with Apple Mail via a keyboard shortcut but it doesn't transfer the subject line of the email to the action item title in Omnifocus. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm on a Mac Book Pro with OSX 10.6.5 and Omnifocus version 1.8.2. I've unistalled and reinstalled the Clip-O-Tron 3000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbaker View Post
I've gotten e-mail clipping to work with Apple Mail via a keyboard shortcut but it doesn't transfer the subject line of the email to the action item title in Omnifocus. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm on a Mac Book Pro with OSX 10.6.5 and Omnifocus version 1.8.2. I've unistalled and reinstalled the Clip-O-Tron 3000.
Could you post a picture of your Clippings Preferences, or describe exactly what is checked and not checked, and the ordering of all of the plug-ins? It sounds like you either don't have the Mail plug-in checked, or it is in the wrong spot in the order, which would result in some other plug-in (probably the Any Application one) handling the clipping request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Could you post a picture of your Clippings Preferences, or describe exactly what is checked and not checked, and the ordering of all of the plug-ins? It sounds like you either don't have the Mail plug-in checked, or it is in the wrong spot in the order, which would result in some other plug-in (probably the Any Application one) handling the clipping request.
That was it. I moved Mail up to the top of the list in the Clipping Preferences panel and that solved the problem. Thanks loads!