The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About the forecast function Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have used Omnifocus for iPhone for one weeks, and it works fine syncing with Mac version.

The forecast is a very cool function in the iPhone version. I like it so much, and use it very day as well as the perspectives.

There is a suggestion from my experience, and it will be great if you could consider it.

Suppose there is a task for which I set the start date as 2012-2-12.
When the time reaches 2012-2-12, yes, of course, the forecast will notify me there is a task starting today.
However if I haven't finished it and the time goes to 2012-2-13, the forecast won't notify me there is a task I should implement today.

As my opinion, the forecast should judge whether there are some tasks started before today and still not been finished, and show it to the user.

Perhaps I miss some key point of the forecast?

Yes! I also wish the forecast view would continue showing tasks whose start date has passed.

Because it doesn't, I've been forced to see "fake" due dates for everything, even though that's what everyone says you shouldn't do. But if you don't, you easily lose track of incomplete tasks via the forecast view (which is how I plan my days; I like the ap badge number & its view better than the perspective UI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthaey View Post
Yes! I also wish the forecast view would continue showing tasks whose start date has passed.

Because it doesn't, I've been forced to see "fake" due dates for everything, even though that's what everyone says you shouldn't do. But if you don't, you easily lose track of incomplete tasks via the forecast view (which is how I plan my days; I like the ap badge number & its view better than the perspective UI).
Yes, I absolutely agree with you. I also has to refer to perspectives for start date and due date again and again. However forecast is more favorite for most people.
Looking forword to Omni' comment.