The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

AppleScript save as PDF - how can I get the whole page? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,

I am trying to export a PDF using AppleScript and OmniGraffle 5.0.2.

My document has a canvas size of 8.5"x11"
If I print to PDF manually using the menus in OmniGraffle, I get a PDF that is a full-size page.

When I save to a PDF file using AppleScript, the image is cropped to a size just big enough to fit the objects (not the full size of the page). How can I get the save to PDF in AppleScript to generate a PDF that is the full page size of the document (e.g. the same as what I get when I print to PDF)?

Here is a simplified script that is generating the PDF that is cropped to include just the shapes:

tell application "OmniGraffle Professional 5"
open file "Macintosh HD:testfile.graffle"
set theDocument to front document
save theDocument in "Macintosh HD:testfile.pdf"
end tell

I've hunted around, and have not come across an example or documentation that explains how to save an OmniGraffle document into a full-size PDF document.

If you know how to export full canvas-size PDFs, please post an AppleScript example, or please point me to the appropriate documentation.
Thanks!