The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iptouch, mac pro, mobileme, no wi-fi Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble setting up synching since moving offices. We don't have wireless internet. I'm using a Mac Pro and iPod touch.

On the Mac Pro side:
I set up a mobileme account, which I had a lot of problems doing (keychain issues I think). Now I'm signed into mobile me, but in my system settings, Back to My Mac tab, the status light is yellow (not working properly due to problem with your connection to mobile me). In the Sync tab, the following computers are being synch using this MobileMe account: 2 differents accounts on my workplace MacPro, my iMac at home - my iPod touch, which is attached and recognized by iTunes, is not listed.
In OmniFocus, in the list the following macs and devices are registered as clients - only my work Mac Pro is listed, not the iPod touch.

Then on the iPod touch side:
In OmniFocus, I chose MobileMe as the sync method, and entered my mobileme member name. How to get the settings is unclear to me because I don't have a wi-fi connection. But isn't mobileme supposed to circumvent this problem...?

This is very confusing... I'm not even sure where exactly the problem is...

However, when I pressed synch, the